Monday, January 17, 2011

Surrendering


17 January 2011

I find myself in prayer asking God for one of the biggest blessings that I could ever find myself asking Him for. If my prayer would be granted, I believe that I will be so happy, so fulfilled. And I know that what I am asking for is good, not just for me, but also for my family. It is I believe one of the most honorable things that I have ever asked for in my life. It is something that I believe is neither selfish nor self-centered. It is something that will not only allow me to be a better person, but also in fact (I believe), allow me to serve Him even more.
But I know that in my heart I have to surrender what I want, what I believe that I need, in favor of what He wants for me. It is so hard, so difficult. I want to tell God, ‘Let it be! That I may serve you more.’ And I know that it is true, that I will indeed be able to do as I say.
But what I believe in may not be what God wants from me. How do I accept this? How can I submit wholeheartedly and unequivocally? This is one of the most important petitions that I have ever asked for from God.
I need to find the strength to really allow God to work in my life – to be able to accept what He wants, even if it is not what I am asking for.
My Lord, let your will be done. And please give me the grace to FULLY accept your will, whatever it may be. Whatever happens in my life, should be only for Your greater honor and gory. I submit myself to You, with my faith as my refuge. If it not be Your will, then I ask that it no longer be my heart’s desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment