Friday, March 4, 2011

The Wall

Marathon runners talk about "The Wall". I haven't experienced it as I have yet to run my first marathon. But they say it feels like an anchor weighing you down. This is the closest description I can think of in expressing how my prayer life feels right now. I have tried different things, different methods, different times, different places. Nothing seems to be working.

The thing is, I know what the problem is. And hard as it may be to admit, it has to do with my inability to give up everything for Him. Why is it that it is easy to say that God is the most important thing that matters, yet many other things still do matter?

Runners get through "The Wall" eventually either through their training or their own strength of will. But my spiritual wall can only be overcome by God's grace and mercy. I cannot do this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment